Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Eliza: Chapter Two - The Letter

Photobucket

Life passed by slowly for Eliza. As a part of her master plan, she landed a job at BellTech, the scientific lab where Isadora had been so successful. Now, Eliza went to work and came back, spent time with Jupiter and with her books. The people of Strangetown stopped by from time to time, but she hadn't met anyone remotely interesting. Her life here was vastly different from the busy, successful one she'd left behind in Sim City. Thankfully, she found her new line of work interesting, and was soon promoted to Lab Assistant. Eliza's bank account was growing, but she still had no answers regarding Isadora's disappearance.

Photobucket

Day after day, she hunted BellTech Labs and questioned her co-workers for information about Isadora. She even had a few unsuccessful dates with Johnson Pai, a fellow lab tech, but there was just no spark. She kept trying though, after all, she knew Isadora met her love at BellTech.

Although that hadn't exactly ended well.

Photobucket

No matter how hard she tried though, day after day she came home disappointed. 

Not only couldn't Eliza find information to help her solve the family curse, she couldn't get any information at all. Co-workers denied any knowledge of a woman named Isadora DiPotere, or of any strange disappearances in the town. Eliza felt stuck.

"No love, no life, no job success -- some help I am," thought Eliza, as she reached for yet another bill. "I never should have come here."

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Dearest Eliza, 

If you are reading this, you know I am gone. I knew you, out of everyone, would come. You have always been so brave, so fearless. I believe in you -- to break the curse, and to find me...if you can. I write this letter at my dear friend Emmy's home, and it is she who will have mailed it to you. You must find her, Eliza, you must find a woman named Emmy Straight. You will know her when you see her. She dresses in the style of the gypsies, and masquarades as a fortune teller. In reality, she is a powerful witch. She will help lead you on the right path. If it is not written in the cards that I should return to you, know that I love you with all my heart. I know that you will fight this monster, this curse, whatever it is, and I know you will win. Find love, have a beautiful daughter and a precious life, and enjoy each day as it comes to you, my dear.

All my Love, Isadora

No comments:

Post a Comment